Thursday, November 24, 2011

Illness, Depression and Thanksgiving

I didn't do a weigh in this week. And honestly, I just didn't want to.

Between fighting off a cold that's been attacking my house and family members for over a month, fighting off depression that rears it's ugly head around this time of year, and just general holiday/family/daily stress, I knew I was retaining water, weight and probably a whole bunch of other stuff.

And today is Thanksgiving.

And I'm so not ready to go there.

It was actually this time last year that I asked for Charlie's help. Or really, just placed a random loud call out to the world asking anyone for help. Charlie answered. And I'm glad she did.

Because in one year, I've lost up to seventeen pounds. I've kept off most of it between medications, mental illness, stress, moving and other health issues. I know it's only 10-17 pounds, but you know what? It's 10-17 pounds and I'm so proud of that! Slow and steady, right?

So today when I'm thinking of the things I'm thankful for, I'm adding 17 pounds, Charlie, and you all to my list.

Happy Thanksgiving.


2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to see you taking care of yourself and surviving. 17 pounds it's plenty to be proud of! Congrats and thank you for always sticking by me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet to come by my lil ol' blog and comment. Especially on Thanksgiving. And with two kids and cats aren't you super busy? Wow, makes me feel even that much more special! THANKS! <3

    ReplyDelete